Friday 14 November 2014

Life changes you whether you like it or not

Doug Eaton, a renowned painter, has also taken up my research challenge to find out if ‘time’ or our ‘surroundings’ change us more. This is what he had to say...

“Life changes you whether you like it or not, and I’m not saying everything is reactive, but a lot is.
When you reflect on the past there are always positives and negatives. I think I’m very lucky and very privileged , but on the other-hand I don’t feel I have the best life because of the things I lack, that I don’t have in my life.

You don’t notice how things change you at the time, you notice it over time, when you look back. You go along and life is not always very kind. It changes for you, you’re not in control of as much of it. Sometimes you’re completely and utterly in control and then that changes somehow over time, you become less confident and lose that control.

Painting is where I have control, it’s my driver and the reason to get up in the morning.”

‘What are the three biggest differences between 2014 you and 2004 you?’

“I’M LONELIER. I no longer have a partner and my family is just me and my Mum now, when I grew up in a warm friendly family. I am lucky to have good friends, but most the time it is just me and I work on my own at home and all my thoughts are only in my head with only ‘me’ to please, you have no one to share opinions and things with. You do what you think is best.

I’M FINANCIALLY BETTER OFF through my paintings. In 2004 I got a piece into the Royal Academy and a few years ago I changed my sales and marketing approach.

I’M OLDER. My body is less operative through old age. I will wake up in the morning with back ache and I now go to sleep with something to help... a little whiskey.”


WHAT DO YOU THINK? Do you think ‘time’ or our ‘surroundings’ change us more? Let me know the three biggest differences between 2014 you and 2004 you:
Or email me at vrheal@outlook.com

Doug Eaton is a renowned semi-abstract painter living in the Forest of Dean. He has work in many private collections in the UK and abroad. Find out more about Doug’s stunning work (a beautiful example below), visit http://www.dougeaton.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Stories and Stuff. Have you sneaked a peak at my Doodle Diary Blog? No... well no time like the present!
ididadoodletoday.blogspot.co.uk