Monday 17 November 2014

That 'what's-going-to-happen-in-the-dark' feeling


I take photos for inspiration, to make me look at things and think about things differently, from a different angle or perspective. So off I went, camera in hand, large stick in other, to explore the woods as the sun set...

Now tramping round the woods in twilight hours may not be highly recommended, even with the faithful four-legged beast with me, but it draws out something quite different in the shapes and the shadows. It may give me the creeps and raise the hairs on the back of my neck, but that in itself adds to the experience (why do I do this to myself!!?).

I looked at the trees as the light and colours changed and it was as if they felt the 'what's-going-to-happen-in-the-dark' anxiety that I was experiencing, 'raising the leaves on the back of their branches’.

Coolness in calmness, the sun has gone and the moon awaits. There is patience in the waiting, an air of expectation, a feeling of a world about to wake.

Herefordshire, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Stories and Stuff. Have you sneaked a peak at my Doodle Diary Blog? No... well no time like the present!
ididadoodletoday.blogspot.co.uk