Friday 13 March 2015

Baby Business: Week 8, A walking cliché

  • Oooooo’d and aaaaaahhhh’d at the pretty snow scene in the garden. Tick
  • Watched the snow pile up on the car and driveway. Tick
  • Been out with little one in the snow. Forget it!


10 weeks ago...

Sporting my very large bump and munching carefree on a Snickers bar, I mused to myself how I was not going to be one of ‘those’ mums. You know the ones. The ones that spend all their time going on and on and on about their ‘super-babies’, so named as they are the first babies in the world to have ever done anything...
“My baby is so advanced”
“Did I tell what amazing thing my baby did last week?”
“Have I mentioned how my baby already has an IQ of...”
“Wait till you see what my baby can do”
“I don’t like to brag, but isn’t my baby the most beautiful child ever”

I also vowed that I would have more topics of conversation than the noises my baby makes, how cute her little outfits are and the contents of her nappy...

10 weeks on...

Doh!

Worse still, I actually heard myself utter the immortal hated phrase of ‘mums-to-be’... “motherhood is like nothing you can ever imagine”!

I suppose it is not that surprising I get over zealous about this new chapter of my life. I have always been completely passionate about everything I do. When in work mode I am totally consumed by all things ‘marketing’ and everything I achieve. I quite merrily yack on about different aspects of marketing and business, and spend countless dinner parties sharing my views!

So it only goes to follow that I want to share (overly eagerly) the single greatest achievement of my life to date... my little girl.

By the way, did I mention that she is by far the most beautiful baby ever?!

Baby’s firsts:
Becoming a ‘lady what lunches’! Sat through a four course Christmas meal in a restaurant... not bad for a 7 week old!

Business first:

Dabbling my toes in to the publishing world...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Stories and Stuff. Have you sneaked a peak at my Doodle Diary Blog? No... well no time like the present!
ididadoodletoday.blogspot.co.uk